James and I on our way toVegas

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality.

Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality.
Delicious food is so tempting.. it is so easy to want to cheat on the diet when you are surrounded by good food.. but all I think about is what I truly want to look like and know that this is something I can control.. There are not many things in life that you get complete control over... but your weight is for sure one of them..If anyone else out there is currently dieting and feel the urge to cheat.. think of yourself naked.. standing there in front of the mirror... Then picture yourself jumping... now do you really want that piece of bread?? Now, how many of you who are not on a diet just pictured that and now want to be? ha ha.. But that is what I have to do when I want to cave in and try to tell myself.. just one bite won't hurt.. it will, because one bite always turns into a bunch more..
The above comic is so true.. I have been on my diet for 3 days now and I do feel great.. but then I just have to remind myself if I cheat.. I will have to do those first three days over again.. the 3 days of hell, where you feel as if your stomach is actually eating itself..
I am lucky that I went back on my diet before my "After-After" turned out to be this.. my goal is smaller than the after.
Moving on from the weight topic.. It is May 19th and it is SNOWING and actually sticking.. boo.. This is ridiculous.. I am very glad that I have such a great mother.. one who text me late last night to make sure I take in my hanging plant so it does not freeze.. Good thing I got that text.. I am watching 5 little boys today and I might just reward them with an actual movie today if they are good.. It is just so dark and gloomy and snowy..
On to my last tidbit.. James left for Grand Junction, CO today.. and will most likely not be home until really late tomorrow night, which is his birthday.. this will be 5 years in a row that James will NOT be home on his birthday...
I hope everyone has a great day..

No comments:

Post a Comment