James and I on our way toVegas

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mothers day for everyone who cares for a child...

Happy Mothers Day to all of those who are lucky enough to be a mom! If you have kiddos, hold one in your heart instead of your arms(miscarrying a child still makes you a mother in your heart.. it is your LOST child.. and when you have more than one it is your lost children), or are waiting for your miracle, you are Mama's and need to realize that TODAY is YOUR day as well.. there may not be a card in Hallmark that says "Happy Mothers Day to a Woman who will be a Great mother and has tried and lost the chance so many times" but there should be..

And even for those people who are not losing or even trying but yet care or look after a child that is not your own.. you are a mother.. you are a mother to those children while their "mother" is working.. I was actually really surprised when I was in Hallmark the other day getting my mother and step-mother-in-law a card when I noticed that they actually had cards for your Aunt or Care Giver... I opened and read them wondering if it was all about Aunts and Caregivers that took custody and raised them.. and I was so happy when I read them and realized that they were actual Hallmark cards addressed to Aunts and Caregivers that "help" raise them.. one even said "even though you are not a mother and you are my Aunt, you are a second mother to me.. Happy Mothers Day"..

I am glad that Hallmark actually makes these cards.. I also saw awesome cards for mothers day for birth moms and adoptive parents and for foster parents..

It was that moment in Hallmark that I realized that even though it honestly breaks my heart year after year to celebrate mothers day with mothers and yet I am not one.. I AM A MOTHER.. I am a mother to 6 children a day per 5 day work week.. I watch them for 8-10 hours a day... I help raise them to become who they will become.. I know that some may argue with me but I do not care.. I know that I am awesome at my job and what I do most "mothers" would never want to do or could handle doing.. So I have declared today a celebration for me.. the fact that I might not have a child of my own but I sure do raise a bunch of them...

So I am saying HAPPY MOTHERS DAY to ME! I am the only person obviously who would say that to me.. but I do feel I am a mother and I should get to be celebrated.. I have 6 kids part time so I guess that makes me a part time mother... ( I do have to add that my father-in-law did wish me a Happy Mothers day today.. I said "What?" and he replied.. "we will always think positive for your own child one day but you are a mother..")

So is this rant just a way for me to feel better about today? Maybe.. but you know what? it actually does help.. because I do take pride in helping "RAISE" all the kiddos that I do.. So again... Happy Mothers Day to all of those who have kiddos, hold one in your heart instead of your arms, or are waiting for your miracle, you are Mama's...

I think I should create my own card line for mothers day next year.. stay tuned.. ha ha

1 comment:

  1. I guess I didn't see those cool aunt cards when I was buying Mother's Day cards otherwise I would had Jack get you one!
    Jack loves you so much and you are the best "second mom" to him! Thanks for always taking such great care of little Jack-a-licious!

    ReplyDelete