James and I on our way toVegas

Monday, April 18, 2011

Riding a roller coaster that won't stop...


Trying to conceive is like riding a roller coaster that won't stop. It's not so much going up that gets me—it's the fall on the other side. How can I stay positive while trying to conceive, especially when I  have had so much trouble getting pregnant? Here are 5 things I am going to do during this 2 week wait.

1. Take time for myself every day. Even if it's five or 10 minutes where I  put your feet up and zone out, it allows my body a quick recharge. When your life centers around trying to conceive the focus changes to the end result instead of the process. I need to not forget I am a part of the process, and it's important you remain healthy, clear, and balanced.

2. Writing in a Journal or Blogging is very important. I am very glad I started this blog it helps me get those negative emotions out of my head and allows me to check in with myself about what is going on and then how I can try flip it around to the positive.

3.  Believe in miracles. This one is a bit hard for me but I will sure try and believe that a miracle WILL happen to me.

4. Feel bad for a little while. If I have another negative it is okay to be sad and have a pity-party, however, I will only allow myself to be this way for 2 days.. After all, I don't want to wallow in self-pity, but I do need to express my feelings.

5. Appreciate what I do have. I am very lucky that I do have the wonderful husband who is also my best friend.. I was talking with a friend the other day and she was saying that she does not know that many couples who actually like to hang out with their husbands and they usually talk bad about their husbands.. I am so lucky that my husband is my best friend and we prefer to hang-out with each other.. This is something I took for granted thinking all marriages were like this.. So I am lucky.. I also have a new house that I LOVE.. and friends and family that mean the world to me.. I also am lucky to have 2 dogs who give me love every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment