James and I on our way toVegas

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The National Infertility Awareness Week April 24-30, 2011...

This week is The National Infertility Awareness Week.. it is a great time for people to get information and know that this effect millions of women and men... Insurance companies do not cover anything because they think that testing and or procedures to help you conceive a child are unnecessary and "cosmetic"... I find that absolutely ridiculous when if you complain about a bad back to a Dr. long enough and he recommends you get a breast reduction your insurance will pay for that! How is having Polycycstic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), Endometritis, blocked or missing fallopian tubes, or any other infetility cause not worth being covered.. My insurance, CIGNA, sucks so bad I actually need to call them today to dispute a claim.. They are saying they are NOT covering any of the blood-work that Dr. Bachus had me do before we started.. The final testing on what could have been causing my miscarriages... to me that should be considered "LOSS" and my insurance company does cover pregnancy and loss... Dr. Smothers (my OBGYN) called in a list of tests after my last miscarriage and they covered those.. so I am sure I will be on the phone forever today dealing with that.. I refuse to pay it.. it is $2000.00...
Needless to say, I am very annoyed and this snow does not make me in any better of a mood.
As for me during this 2ww.. again, I do not think I will have a positive outcome and the fear of having  to deal with the fact that we might be one of those couples who have to come to terms with never having kids is overwhelming me... I totally caved and tested today.. 11 days past iui.. it was negative.. I am hoping that I am just testing to early.. however, last February when I was pregnant I tested on 11 days past iui and it showed up positive.. I know that each time is different and there is a reason they said wait until Saturday to test.. but I couldn't help it..I found this quote and it makes perfect sense I will try and think positive..

"It is much more sensible to be an optimist instead of a pessimist, for if one is doomed to disappointment, why experience it in advance?" 

No comments:

Post a Comment