James and I on our way toVegas

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Update on growing Follicles

I had another appointment this morning and I have 12 follicles on the right side and 10 on the left. My estrodial numbers are good and are going up as they should be. The Dr. has lowered my Follistim dosage which is normal for this stage of the game.
This is the list and measurements of my growing follicles!
As for how I am feeling, I have been getting nauseous and have had on and off cramping but this is all normal and part of doing IVF. Just to clarify, for all of you who do not know how everything works with IVF, just because I have 22 growing follicles that does not mean that I will have 22 viable eggs and who knows how many embryos I will actually have. It is a good thing that I have a good number though, but with that comes the concern of hyperstimulation (OHSS) which is when your ovaries get to big and you fluid starts filling up in your abdomen. This is very painful and most of the time ends in the hospital and would be a wasted cycle (so we DO NOT want that to ever happen). The Dr. is a bit concerned about it because of the count I have and my symptoms and also it is more common for women with PCOS to have this happen. As for now we are still on schedule to have the egg retrieval on Sunday or Monday. I am very anxious to see what he has to say tomorrow.
The ultrasound machine
James arrived tonight so now I am not here alone. I am happy for that but feel bad that now that he is here I don't have any energy and sleep a lot. I do have to say it was not that bad being here by myself. I talked on the phone with friends and family and my best friend, Lauren, kept me company every day and night. We would even Face Time every night and watch Friends together (our ultimate favorite show).
Lauren took a picture of us Face Timing
I will let you all know how my appointment goes tomorrow. Thanks for all of your positive thoughts and energy.

No comments:

Post a Comment