James and I on our way toVegas

Monday, September 24, 2012

17 eggs, 10 mature eggs & 8 EMBRYOS!

Yesterday was our egg removal. We arrived at the Billings Surgical Center at 9:30 am and taken back to get ready. I had to get in a gown and get the IV started. I felt bad for the nurse as she could not get a vain and ended up poking me over 4 times before she got a good one. James was taken to the "jack-off room" and I waited for his return. Once he returned the Dr. came in and talked to us. He told us that is should take about 30 mins and they would come and get James when I was in recovery.
James and I when we arrived at the surgical center
This is the 'jack-off' room
 As you can see the room James was in kind of looked like a jail cell minus the bars. a twin bed, a small TV in a small room and there is a sink. Anyway, it got the job done and at least this room did not have a microfiber chair like the last clinic we went to.
James and I before I was taken back to the surgery room
So the procedure took about an hour longer than normal. James said he was started to get worried. I guess my left ovary had moved behind my uterus (probably because it was so big) so it was a lot more poking and prodding and they had to put in a cathider and change the size of my bladder so they did not puncture it. They also had to work around the uterus so they did not puncture that as well. But after it was all said and done they told me that out of the 36 follicles they drained I had 17 eggs! I was in excruciating pain when I woke up. I can not even imagine the pain if they did not put you to sleep for the procedure, you would probably pass out from pain. The bloating, cramps and sharp pain was almost unbearable and I actually have a high pain tolerance. They gave me some morphine, fentanyl, and percocet. As well as a prescription for percocets. After they all kicked in it was still painful but manageable for me to go to sleep. Last night was pretty rough what helped was the pain killers as well as a heating pad. 

As for today I am feeling 50% better than yesterday which is good. Still have a hard time walking around as it is still very 'heavy' and bloated and crampy. This morning the Dr. called and said that out of the 17 eggs I had 10 mature eggs and out of those 10 eggs 8 became embroys! We are so excited. Now lets hope that I do not hyperstumulate this week and that all 8 continue to grow so we can do a 5 day transfer. We however will not know if we do a 3 day transfer or 5 day until day 3 which is wednesday morning. Plus they are monitoring me to make sure I do not hyperstimulate. So it might be that we will be spening this entire week up in Billings waiting for the transfer. I am so ready to go home and sleep in my own bed and see my dogs. Go to work and get my mind off of it but that is most likely not in our cards. I hate this saying but I am going to say it because it does fit here.. "It is what it is"... and I know this is all worth it and I WILL get pregant this time. I have a good feeling about it.. Now we just have to wait all week and hope our little embroys continue to grown nice and healthy.

As for what I do to get my uterus ready for implant is this: continue to take the Cabergoline for another 4 days (this will help reduce our chances of OHSS) take Doxycyline 100mg in the am and pm and give myself (well, James has to do this one) a shot in the bum of 1ml of progesterone mixed with olive oil in the evening. I also will start taking, tomorrow, Medrol 8mg in the am and pm as well. All of this stuff will help thicken the lining of the uterus and help make it "sticky" we want it to be a nice cozy place that the embryos want to attach themselves to.
My hospital bands
We are super excited that we have 8 embryos and hope it stays that way.. Again, thank you so much for all of you who support us and who have been sending us positive energy and thoughts..It is time for me to take a nap and rest have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment