James and I on our way toVegas

Monday, September 17, 2012

Living up in Billings

Time has gone by so fast this summer, I started the Lupron at the beginning of the month. I stated in the last post that I was excited that I was able to monitored in Casper and still work until it gets closer to the actual egg retrieval. After my nurse called every lab in Casper and the surrounding areas she found that there is not any lab that can give same day results for my estrodial level. I have to be in Billings, MT for every appointment, which I was not to happy about but there is nothing I can do. Last Thursday I made the trip up to to Billings for an ultrasound and blood work. My mom made the trip with me which was nice for both of us. She kept me company for the long drive (4.5hrs each way) and my mom got to meet the Dr. and learn more about my PCOS and see what they were going to be monitoring. At that appointment everything looked good right as it should be and when I got my estrodial level back it was 11 and it needed to be below 70 to start the stimulating drugs. So Thursday night I started 75 units of Menopur and 150 IU of Follistim and still continue the Lupron but drop down to 10 units per day.
This is all the drugs I will take to get my body ready for IVF
 I was told that my next blood test should be on Sunday which was one day sooner than originally planned. So Saturday James and I took the 5th wheel camper (since we never were able to sell it) up to Billings and stay at the KOA. It was so much cheaper to have full hook-ups at the KOA then pay for a hotel for over a week. So, I am staying in my camper, but it is home. I have water hook-ups, electricity as well as cable. It is nice because I can cook all my own meal and save money there as well.
KOA Billings, MT
Home Away from Home
 Since James is not needed for another 5 days or so he went back to Casper since he has class and my appointments right now are just checking appointments that last about an 30 mins. Since James was coming back on Sunday we took our nephew Jack with us. He is 5 and such an amazing little boy. James and I are very close to him and treat him like our own kid. He had fun. Once we got the camper all hooked up we played miniature golf here at the KOA and went into the hot tub here. Even though it was a long drive Jack still had a great time, it was his first time in Montana.
Jack playing miniature golf

Me and Jack
 Jack is fascinated in anything medical he always says he wants to be a Dr. when he grows up. To be more specific, he wants to be a Dr. that delivers babies because he likes babies. In our family, we are open with everyone about how things work, even the kids, so Jack knows what is going on with us and what we have to do. He wanted to give me my shots so I got them all ready and let him help me. He was so excited.
Jack helping me give myself my shots
 I had more blood-work on Sunday and Dr. Montville called with the results and said that my estrodial level was 103 which he said is good and needed to be between 100-300. He said to stay on the same dosage of meds and he would see me for an ultrasound and blood-work on Tuesday. So today, Monday, I had to occupy my time. I deep cleaned the camper, drove around Billings, went on a long bike ride ( after fixing my bike breaks) and made myself some Beet Salad. Now, I am updating my blog and watching some TV. I will keep you all posted as the appointments go on. Thank you again to all of our amazing friends and family for their support.

No comments:

Post a Comment