James and I on our way toVegas

Monday, September 26, 2011

Operation Cook ... Night 9

So not only did I cook tonight.. I cooked this morning and this afternoon and this evening... I will start answering to Betty Crocker.. or Rachel Ray.. This morning I made a crustless  spinach quiche.. I made this in hopes that it would be delicious and I would have breakfast made for three days.. and let me tell you, I was right... it is absolutely delicious...

Crustless Spinach Quiche
Ingredients: 
1 Tbs olive oil
1 Onion
1 (10 ounce) package of frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
5 eggs
3 cups shredded Muenster Cheese
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper

Directions:
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease pie pan
Heat oil in large skillet over med-high heat. 
Add onions and cook until soft. 
Stir in spinach and continue cooking until excess moisture has evaporated.
In a large bowl, combine eggs, cheese, salt and pepper. Add spinach mixture and stir.
Scoop into pie pan.
Bake about 30 mins. 
Let cool for 10 min.
Crustless Spinach Quiche
 Then for lunch I used the left over chicken from last nights recipe and made chicken salad.. which is pretty simple and I am sure you all have your own recipe for that..

Then came dinner which was so delightful.. Not only was the food to die for but we had awesome company.. Our best friends Paul and Nicole came over, I love that they come over even though they have three kids ( the youngest being 1 month old) and can put them to bed at my house and enjoy a nice dinner.. So on the menu tonight was Spicy Lime Grilled Shrimp with a side of Bacon Feta Beans and a salad.. We all felt that this meal was healthy but most parts and so delicious that you would probably pay about $25.00 per plate in a restaurant.

I know some of you might be thinking this woman has never cooked? wow she sure has good meals.. well, that is true.. however, every meal we have made is a "new" recipe so we are truly not sure until we try it.. we just pick recipes by the rich taste in food that we have..

Spicy Lime Grilled Shrimp
Ingredients:
1Tbs and 1-1/2 tsp cajun seasoning
1 lime, juiced
1-1/2 tsp olive oil
1/2lb peeled and deveined medium shrimp
Directions:
Mix together the cajum seasoning, lime juice, and oil in a plastic bag. Add shrimp, coat with the marinade, refrigerate for at least 20 min.
Pre-heat grill or skillet. Remove shrimp from marinade.
Cook about 2 min each side.
Spicy Lime Shrimp with Bacon Feta Beans and a salad with Shallot Cucumber Dressing
Bacon Feta Beans
Ingrediants:
8 slices bacon - cooked, crumbled and divided
1 (16 oz) package frozen cut green beans
1tsp minced garlic
4oz crumbled fets cheese
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/8 tsp ground pepper
2 Tbl water

Directions:
Place bacon in a skillet. Cook over med-high heat until evenly browned but only slightly crispy.
Drain grease, leaving a small amount in skillet for later use.
Crumble bacon, reserving 2Tbl for garnish.
Cook frozen bean in microwave for about 3 min, (until thawed but not fully cooked)
Stir in bacon and garlic in left over bacon grease until golden brown.
Add green beans and feta cheese, and season with onion powder and black pepper.
Cook and stir until most of feta has melted.

So those were the recipes for today.. I really hope some people try them.. Please comment if you do I would love to know if anyone got any inspiration  to try something new from my blog.

Speaking of blogs.. my husband just started his own blog.. he felt like he needed the world wide wed for a soap box as well..I mean who doesn't ? Anyway, I am so proud of him and jealous at the same time.. I feel his words flow effortlessly and he is interesting and comical and serious all at the same time.. He has one upped me for sure in the blog world.. but please check his blog out.. again if you are a blog reader you know that blogs are just random thoughts from random people.. http://randomlyatlarge.blogspot.com

1 comment:

  1. I do not deserve the kind words you waste on a wretch like me. I bow to thee....

    ReplyDelete