James and I on our way toVegas

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Operation Cook Every Night... Night 5

Tonight I cooked another new recipe.. New, ha ha I guess I should say almost all are "new" to me... So tonight was Thai Beef Lettuce Wraps..We had our friend Monica over for dinner again and let me tell you, this recipe is SO GOOD.. there are not any carbs in this recipe and if anyone is doing the Ideal Protein Diet it is complaint with that... Today was also day 2 of my 8 min abs and 8 min buns.. today I was a bit sore from yesterday but still felt great doing it.. now, tomorrow might be a diffident story.. I have a feeling tomorrow we might be hurting a lot more.. You all should for sure try this recipe.. here is a note.. It is spicy so if you do not like spicy reduce the number of jalapenos..

Thai Beef Lettuce Wraps
Combine in a small bowl and set aside:
5 Tablespoon fish sauce
5 Tablespoon soy sauce
One packet Splenda

In a large skillet on high heat stir fry in 1 Tablespoon olive oil for about a min.:
8 chopped garlic cloves
3 thinly sliced large fresh jalapeno peppers

Add 2lbs lean hamburger, ground chicken or ground turkey 
( I used beef since I recently just bough 1/4 of a cow)
Fry until done, drain any visible oil.

Fold into hot meat mixture:
Sauce mixture
2 cups raw sliced in 1/2 inch pieces, green onion
2 cups fresh basil, chopped into large pieces
Generous "squirt of lime and lemon juice

Serve hot with large lettuce or cabbage leaves for each person to roll the meat mixture into a wrap.

This is so easy and so good.. I had a glass of Chardonnay with it but it would have probably been better paired with a  Cabernet or Pinot Nior..

Thai Beef Lettuce Wraps


No comments:

Post a Comment