James and I on our way toVegas

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Operation Cook Every Night...

 I know I have not blogged in awhile.. man, time sure does fly by.. I have been super stressed out lately. We have had to deal with, well, the obvious (not being able to have a baby) as well as damage done to our basement, I have lost quit a few kiddos from my day care due to moving and going to preschool.. Which is the added stress of making less money.. Then my husband, James, throughout his back, he has a herniated disc as well as his original injury from the Army.. now he waiting to get back surgery which is making him not work.. so now I am also taking care of him as well as children all day..

I am not going to lie for a bit there I was so stressed out and felt like we could not catch a break... I really started to wonder how much more I could take..I was in a bit of a funk for a bit.. but today I woke up and decided to snap out of it.. this is not who I am.. I have had the bad luck stick all my life.. I can deal with it..It could be worse.. 

So, to get to the meaning of the title of my blog "Operation Cook Every Night"... James and I eat out ALL the time either at a restaurant, our friends or family members houses.. This past weekend in an attempt to get out of my stressed out funk and to save money since we will be drowning in medical bills soon, I decided I would try and cook every night! I know, some of you are thinking I do that every night, must be nice to have be able to go out all the time, well, you are right it was nice to eat out but with eating out always comes more calories and the huge expense..I created a menu for the week and have given myself a mini goal of cooking every night this week.. Sunday will start week II of cook every night.. I was going to say 30 days but then felt that was way too big of a goal and when I fail at things I never go back to it.. so I have made it a weekly goal.. So far so good.. I should have started this blog on Sunday then this blog entry would not end up being so long..

If you are wondering why I have decided to blog about it, the answer is simple.. I loved blogging when I did.. it is in a way a therapy.. I also though since there is absolutely no news to write about in the infertility aspect since we can only afford to try once a year and now with James back and the basement we will most likely have to wait until 2013 ( which is scary since the Dr. said I no longer could be a patient at 35 and my chances would be about 0% at that age.. The next three post that I will post back to back are what I have been cooking with the recipes...then it will be a daily thing..

No comments:

Post a Comment