James and I on our way toVegas

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Operation Cook Every Night.. Night 3

Tuesday Night was Thai night.. I found a recipe that was only 236 calories for a salad.. James rated this recipe a 9 I however, rated it a 5 only because I HATE cilantro and was not paying attention when preparing it and added all the cilantro to the salad mixture.. I would make it again but next time I will put the cilantro on the side..
Thai Tenderloin Salad
1 pound beef tenderloin, trimmed
Cooking spray
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons fish sauce
1 teaspoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
6 cups thinly sliced romaine lettuce
1 cup thinly sliced red onion
1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
1 cup thinly sliced peeled cucumber
1/3 cup coarsely chopped green onions
1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced
1 cup cilantro sprigs
3/4 cup chopped fresh mint
Preparation

Prepare grill.
Place beef on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 6 minutes on each side or until desired degree of doneness. Cover and let stand 10 minutes. Cut beef diagonally across grain into thin slices.
Combine juice, fish sauce, sugar, and ground red pepper in a large bowl. Add beef, lettuce, and next 5 ingredients (lettuce through jalapeño); toss well. Add cilantro and mint; toss gently.

Wine Suggestion: I would suggest a nice pinot noir



No comments:

Post a Comment