James and I on our way toVegas

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Our 1st Ultrasound

Last Friday, October 26, we had our first ultrasound ( I was 6 weeks 5 days pregnant) to see our baby and to hear the heartbeat. I was so nervous and excited. We have never made it this far with our other pregnancies so I was scared there was not going to be a heartbeat. When we first got there we went in and they said my bladder was not full enough and that I needed to reschedule, I started to cry and then she said I could go and drink more water in the waiting room. When we went back in she measured my ovaries and uterus and then I was allowed to empty my bladder and she performed the trans-vaginal ultrasound so we could see our baby. We saw that there was only one baby and we heard and saw the heartbeat. It was 113 bpm. It brought tears to our eyes.
That is our little baby :)
James and I holding our first ultrasound picture!
This week my Dr. called, himself, and told me that he received the ultrasound and said everything looked great and that he wanted another ultrasound exactly 2 weeks from the date of our last one to make sure everything is growing as it should. This news scares me a little because part of me fears that something might happen. I need to just relax and realize that I am high risk for the first trimester and that it is just protocol and I know I will feel better seeing our little bean grow and we will just get to have more pictures of our baby.

This week I went and bought a chalk board. I am going to record my growing belly with info written on a chalk board. I wish I came up with this idea on my own but I did not. I got the idea from Pinterest.
The announcement Board

Holding our ultrasound 7weeks pregnant!
We have our next ultrasound on November 9th which is next Friday.. Fingers crossed everything is growing perfectly and the heartbeat is there.

MAY THE ODDS BE EVER IN OUR FAVOR

No comments:

Post a Comment